Wednesday, July 21, 2010

6 weeks!

I have been interning at Amethyst for around 6 weeks now. I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks! I have been able to do so many different things working at Amethyst that will help me to prepare for a career in the future. From writing articles, thank you letters and donation requests to doing research on corporate donors and general statistical information, I have had the opportunity to experinence a lot. One of the most rewarding parts of this internship has been getting to see what exactly Amethyst does helping women and their families through addiction problems. It takes a lot to run a non-profit and I have seen how hard each one of the employees here work. Another part of the job that I had never experienced before was the meetings and collaborative work that happens at a non-profit or any business. Working together as a team and bouncing ideas and suggestions off of each other is something that seems very beneficial in this environment. I have about 6 weeks more to go and I can't wait to see what else I will get to do and experience working at Amethyst!

No comments:

Post a Comment